Saturday, August 13, 2011

German Army Between Battles

Here are first batch of photos (45) I received from a Russian fan of this blog.  From what I have been able to search only a few of these have been published on line on Russian and Asian websites. There were a few more that had been posted at English sites that no longer can be found.  I have no idea if any of these have ever been published in books or magazines. And that they were from a Russian source then I am presuming most of these photos were in cameras found on the battlefield or taken from captured soldiers.  There should be at least several more groups of these type of photos that I will be posting here in the near future. While they are not combat photos it is still interesting to see these because they were most likely taken for personal purposes during WWII.

No comments: